The Cessnock Multipurpose Children’s Centre is a non-profit, community based and run organisation. We are a registered charity and have been providing Care and Education to Children since 1963.
Our mission is to provide high quality, affordable Centre based childcare across a wide range of services to cater for children from 6 weeks to 12 years of age. We have a strong commitment to excellence and assisting each child to reach their maximum potential. We view the diverse values of staff, families and friends as integral parts of our Centre and the basis of our goals. We embrace the periods of early and middle childhood as unique and building on the important stages of life. We believe Children have the capacity to be active participants in their own learning journeys.
Why Choose us?
- Community Based and Not for Profit – managed by the community for the community
- Caring and Educating Children since 1963
- One organisation – five services – three Cessnock locations
- Catering for the widest age groups of children in the area (birth to high school entry)
- Qualified early childhood teachers and educators
- Continually operating with above staff ratios
- All fees directed back into services
Excellence in childcare and education provided through play-based children’s learning programs and intentional teaching which is deliberate, purposeful and thoughtful.
- High quality, affordable Centre based childcare across a wide range of services to cater for children from 6 weeks to 12 years of age
- A warm, safe secure and friendly learning environment
- We believe in an inclusive environment. This includes an anti-bias approach combined with an strong educational focus, acknowledging that high quality care is based upon the training, skill, dedication and teamwork of every team member
- A learning environment that stimulates wonder and curiosity, respect, resilience and independence
- A program for school age children that recognises the importance of play and leisure, provokes curiosity and supports children’s agency
- Higher staff : child ratios and numbers of qualified staff which exceed minimum standards required
- A variety of practices which encourage children to become environmentally responsible
Our Expert Educators:
- Have a strong commitment to excellence and assisting each child to reach their maximum potential
- View the diverse values of staff, family and community as integral parts of our Centre and the basis of our goals
- Embrace the periods of early and middle childhood as unique and important stages of life and believe that children have the capacity to be active participants in their own learning journeys
- Use critical reflection when evaluating all aspects of their practices, the curriculum and learning environment
- Provide for open ended experiences which allow for choice and discovery
- Use the latest technology and educational resources to assist them in their roles