All of our centres operate above the minimum ratios required with the expert educators continually providing Best Practice outcomes! Each centre has
- Daily programmed activities based upon the children’s interests with scaffolded learning. Daily activity programme plans which are displayed in each room. We encourage parents, guardians and families to view this program and add to if they would like
- An individual portfolio is kept for each child documenting their individual learning journey within the centre and the community
- Early Learning Years Framework based curriculum which promotes “Belonging, Being and Becoming”. “My Time Our Place” Framework for School Age Children.
- Centre’s operate indoor / outdoor programmes which allows children choice and to be active participants in their own learning journeys.
Nulkaba Educational Preschool
Is uniquely placed directly opposite Nulkaba Primary School. Nulkaba Preschool is a 29-place centre operating an indoor / outdoor play based programme for children the year before school. Expert Educators encourage the Children to be confident, involved learners and are active participants in their learning journeys setting them up for successful transition to school.
CMCC Hall Street
CMCC Hall Street is now a Long Day Care service, operating from 6.30am – 6.00pm and includes 2 sections:
- Possum Nursery – six weeks to approximately 3 years
- Kookaburra Educational Preschool – Approximately 3 years to 5 years with prep for school
Each area is uniquely set for their individual age groups with play based indoor / outdoor programs. Our philosophy is young children learn best in play based environment with expert educators input. Through the use of digital portfolios, together we capture a child’s development by posting photos, videos, stories, moments, notes and responses.
Has been operating at this centre since the 1960s with the centre undergoing a major refurbishment late 2016. Dudley Street is a dedicated purpose built centre offering educational programs for five separate age groups:
- Gumnut Nursery – six weeks up to approximately 12 months
- Lilly Pilly Nursery – Approximately 12 months to 21 months
- Dew Drops Toddlers – Approximately 22 months to 30 months
- Blue Gum Educational Preschool – Approximately 31 months to 3.5 years
- Waratah Educational Preschool – Approximately 3.5 years to 5 years with prep for School
Children progress through our rooms at the start of each year just like they would at school.
Each room is uniquely set for their individual age groups with play based indoor / outdoor programs. Our philosophy is young children learn best in play based environment with Expert Educators input.
OOSH / Vacation Care
Cessnock Multipurpose Children’s Centre operates 3 OOSH locations for children attending kindergarten to year 6 (high school entry) covering Before School Care, After School Care and Vacation Care.
1. Dudley Street – servicing St Patrick’s Primary School, Kearsley Public School, Cessnock Public School, St Philip’s Christian College
2. Nulkaba Public School – servicing Nulkaba Public School
3. Bellbird Public School – servicing Bellbird Public School, Millfield Public School, Ellalong Public School, Paxton Public School
4. Cessnock West Public School – servicing Cessnock West Public School, Cessnock East Public School, Kitchener Public School