All of our centres operate above the minimum ratios required with the expert educators continually providing Best Practice outcomes! Each centre has
- Daily programmed activities based upon the children’s interests with scaffold learning. Daily activity program plans which are displayed in each room. We encourage parents, guardians and families to view this program and add to if they would like
- An individual portfolio is kept for each child documenting their individual learning journey within the centre and the community
- Early Learning Years Framework based curriculum which promotes belonging, being and becoming. My Time Our Place Framework for School Aged Children.
- Centre’s operate indoor / outdoor programs which allows children choice and to be active participants in their own learning journeys.
Dudley St has been operating as a part of the centre since the 1960’s with the facilities undergoing major refurbishments in late 2016. Dudley Street is a dedicated purpose built centre offering long day care from 6.30am – 6.00pm. Children can be dropped off and picked up any time between these hours to suit parent or carer’s work requirements. Priority of access must be given to children of working parents and carers. There are five purpose built sections, 3 for children aged 6 weeks to 3 years, one each for children 3-4 years and 4-5 years:
- Gumnut Nursery – six weeks up to approximately 12 months
- Lilly Pilly Nursery – Approximately 12 months to 21 years
- Dew Drops Toddlers – Approximately 22 months to 30 months
- Blue Gum Educational Preschool – Approximately 31 months to 3.5 years
- Waratah Educational Preschool – Approximately 3.5 years to 5 years with prep for School
Children progress through our rooms at the start of each year just like they would at school.
Each room is uniquely set for their individual age groups with play based indoor / outdoor programs. Our philosophy is young children learn best in play based environment with expert educators input. Through the use of digital portfolios, together we capture a child’s development by posting photos, videos, stories, moments, notes and responses.
Our Dudley Street preschool incorporates a school readiness/ transition to school, with a literacy program and Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematical (STEAM) curriculum focus.
Meals are planned and provided by a qualified and experienced onsite Chef providing nutritious meals that have been created in conjunction with and approved by the Good for Kids Good for Life team from the Hunter New England Local Health District.
Gumnut Nursery, Lilly Pilly Nursery and Dew Drops children have dedicated bedrooms with children having their own bed.
Beginning with our 2024 enrolments, orientations will be held for all children.
Dudley Street closes over Christmas and all Public Holidays. We do not charge any fees during the Christmas shut down period or Public Holidays.